note to self

long enough now
long enough that i can feel your hair
against my chest
bruised fingers intertwined
delicate souls locked in a dance of 
old and burned 
and lost and found again and again.
I can’t leave just yet,
not just yet my dear.


only the tides know how long I should stay
how long how long how long 
Until the fates snip their cord
that runs the length of my entire body,
veins and arteries and the holy ghost
Singing in harmony
Chords that ring through blue-ish minds
played with ease on white and black keys
melodies that carry knives 
that kill one but not the other.


And my dear I’m sorry that other has to be you
We can be other together, but not this time.


Not this time.


I don’t know how much longer until the 
cracks turn to shards
I don’t want to feel the ice and the fire 
again 
not because of you this time
not because of

you.

Comments